Vaughn

Default email merge - I need to change the sender account

I am doing an email-merge. When I send these emails, they need to come from
another email account. I do admin work for several other people and have
their email accounts on my outlook. How can I change the sender?

Vaughn

I've done that as a temporary solution. Is there anywhere I can look for a
VBA solution? This job may be done on any one of three PCs. Each one may send
email for ony one of four counsultants.

Vaughn wrote:
I am doing an email-merge. When I send these emails, they need to
come from another email account. I do admin work for several other
people and have their email accounts on my outlook. How can I change
the sender?

Peter Jamieson

I would assume that your best bet is either to execute any code needed
before you initiate the merge, or use the MailMergeBeforeMerge event to do
it. You /might/ be able to do that on a per-message basis using mailmerge
events, but I would suspect that would only make sense if switching senders
is easy and fast. I do not think you will be able to control what Word does
with the message,only what other software does with the message.

Peter Jamieson

"Vaughn" wrote in message
That's true. There is a wealth of info there. But, I need to know the
timing.
I'm in a merge document and at the end I enter the email address field and
subject. When is it that VB code is triggered? When is the email message
subject to VB code?