Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
megadari megadari is offline

Default Question about exporting Word table to Access

I have a Table in Word 97 where the cells are formatted like a sheet
of labels, and it is used to enter contact information from a internet
voice mail system. This was an existing set up when I started. I would
like to get the data into Access 97. Once a sheet is done it is sent
directly to the printer to be printed on a sheet of labels.

The data is in the cells like this:

First Name Last Name
Address
Address 2
City, State Zip

I have tried exporting but in the text conversion it goes by rows so I
end up with all the names on the first row, addresses and not in fixed
width format. Any suggestions on how I could get these into an
exportable format for an Excel 97or Access 97 import?

Thanks,

Pat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

See "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"megadari" wrote in message
I have a Table in Word 97 where the cells are formatted like a sheet
of labels, and it is used to enter contact information from a internet
voice mail system. This was an existing set up when I started. I would
like to get the data into Access 97. Once a sheet is done it is sent
directly to the printer to be printed on a sheet of labels.

The data is in the cells like this:

First Name Last Name
Address
Address 2
City, State Zip

I have tried exporting but in the text conversion it goes by rows so I
end up with all the names on the first row, addresses and not in fixed
width format. Any suggestions on how I could get these into an
exportable format for an Excel 97or Access 97 import?

Thanks,

Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
megadari megadari is offline

"megadari" wrote in message

I have a Table in Word 97 where the cells are formatted like a sheet
of labels, and it is used to enter contact information from a internet
voice mail system. This was an existing set up when I started. I would
like to get the data into Access 97. *Once a sheet is done it is sent
directly to the printer to be printed on a sheet of labels.

The data is in the cells like this:

First Name Last Name
Address
Address 2
City, State Zip

I have tried exporting but in the text conversion it goes by rows so I
end up with all the names on the first row, addresses and not in fixed
width format. *Any suggestions on how I could get these into an
exportable format for an Excel 97or Access 97 import?

Thanks,

Pat- Hide quoted text -

Thanks!

Pat