Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Default Lose the white space along left edge

I'm using Word 2000. When in Normal view, the left edge of text is
about 1cm away from the left edge of the window. The paragraphs/
heading styles have no indentation (ruler confirms that the starting
point is a 0"). In order to view more text while abutting more than
one window, how can I get rid of this white space along the left edge?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

Yes. But even with the scroll bar moved a bit to the right doesn't
move the left edge of visible text closer to the left edge of the
window. The left-most text simply disappears "behind" the vertical
strip of whitespace that runs along the left edge of the window.

"Paul" wrote:
I'm using Word 2000. When in Normal view, the left edge of text is
about 1cm away from the left edge of the window. The paragraphs/
heading styles have no indentation (ruler confirms that the starting
point is a 0"). In order to view more text while abutting more than
one window, how can I get rid of this white space along the left edge?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Paul Paul is offline

No, but with the ruler turned on, the white space along the left side
is directly underneath the button that cycles throught the tab types.
The white space stays there, however, when the ruler is turned off.

"Paul" wrote:
I'm using Word 2000. When in Normal view, the left edge of text is
about 1cm away from the left edge of the window. The paragraphs/
heading styles have no indentation (ruler confirms that the starting
point is a 0"). In order to view more text while abutting more than
one window, how can I get rid of this white space along the left edge?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How much white space are we talking about? Oh, I see you say 1 cm. It is
normal to have white space below the tab selector in Normal view (just the
width of the tab selector area). This is the selection area that allows you
to select lines, paragraphs, or the entire document by clicking with the
mouse. The width of this area will depend on your screen size and
resolution; on my screen it's about 5 mm. As long as the left margin
indicator is flush against the tab selector, then everything is as it should
be, and there is no way to change it.