Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Morris John Morris is offline

Default Using AutoCorrect to delete space after period

Hello all,

I almost reflexively type two space characters after a period at the
end of a sentence because that's the way I was brought up. But a
local company wants all of its documents to have a single space after
a period.

I realize that the spacebar activates AutoCorrect, but does anyone
know a way to use AutoCorrect or some other feature to automatically
delete the second space in Word 2007 (besides a macro or a Find and
Replace)?

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PA PA is offline

Try Fnd and Replace.

Find period space space
Replace period space

"John Morris" wrote:

Hello all,

I almost reflexively type two space characters after a period at the
end of a sentence because that's the way I was brought up. But a
local company wants all of its documents to have a single space after
a period.

I realize that the spacebar activates AutoCorrect, but does anyone
know a way to use AutoCorrect or some other feature to automatically
delete the second space in Word 2007 (besides a macro or a Find and
Replace)?

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Morris John Morris is offline

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:34:37 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I realize that the spacebar activates AutoCorrect, but does anyone
know a way to use AutoCorrect or some other feature to automatically
delete the second space in Word 2007 (besides a macro or a Find and
Replace)?

And aside from having the Grammar Checker mark it as incorrect?

Aside from that, too.

It's not for me, you see. I have suggested Find and Replace and
using the spell / grammar checker, but these options are too much
bother, apparently. So is entering 26 AutoCorrections like:
periodspacespace A, B, etc. changes to periodspace A, B,
etc.

But I guess it's not too much trouble asking me to come up with
solutions ;-)

John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Record a macro. Then put a button for it on a toolbar or the QAT as the case
may be.

The macro I use reduces multiple spaces to one. I ignore the period so I can
catch other multiple spaces in the document. If the client wants two spaces
after a period, I search for period space and replace it with period space
space.

Pam

John Morris wrote:
I realize that the spacebar activates AutoCorrect, but does anyone
know a way to use AutoCorrect or some other feature to automatically
delete the second space in Word 2007 (besides a macro or a Find and
Replace)?

And aside from having the Grammar Checker mark it as incorrect?

Aside from that, too.

It's not for me, you see. I have suggested Find and Replace and
using the spell / grammar checker, but these options are too much
bother, apparently. So is entering 26 AutoCorrections like:
periodspacespace A, B, etc. changes to periodspace A, B,
etc.

But I guess it's not too much trouble asking me to come up with
solutions ;-)

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Morris John Morris is offline

I suggested Find and Replace. I suggested Find and Replace in a
macro. But the client said if it required any amount of additional
work, she wasn't interested.

Thanks everyone for your genuinely helpful suggestions, but it looks
like there is no solution for someone who is so abyssmally lazy.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:26:00 -0700, PA
wrote:

Try Fnd and Replace.

Find period space space
Replace period space

"John Morris" wrote:

Hello all,

I almost reflexively type two space characters after a period at the
end of a sentence because that's the way I was brought up. But a
local company wants all of its documents to have a single space after
a period.

I realize that the spacebar activates AutoCorrect, but does anyone
know a way to use AutoCorrect or some other feature to automatically
delete the second space in Word 2007 (besides a macro or a Find and
Replace)?

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Yep, there's just no helping some people.

"John Morris" wrote in message
I suggested Find and Replace. I suggested Find and Replace in a
macro. But the client said if it required any amount of additional
work, she wasn't interested.

Thanks everyone for your genuinely helpful suggestions, but it looks
like there is no solution for someone who is so abyssmally lazy.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:26:00 -0700, PA
wrote:

Try Fnd and Replace.

Find period space space
Replace period space

"John Morris" wrote:

Hello all,

I almost reflexively type two space characters after a period at the
end of a sentence because that's the way I was brought up. But a
local company wants all of its documents to have a single space after
a period.

I realize that the spacebar activates AutoCorrect, but does anyone
know a way to use AutoCorrect or some other feature to automatically
delete the second space in Word 2007 (besides a macro or a Find and
Replace)?

John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Clients!

Terry Farrell

"John Morris" wrote in message
I suggested Find and Replace. I suggested Find and Replace in a
macro. But the client said if it required any amount of additional
work, she wasn't interested.

Thanks everyone for your genuinely helpful suggestions, but it looks
like there is no solution for someone who is so abyssmally lazy.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 08:26:00 -0700, PA
wrote:

Try Fnd and Replace.

Find period space space
Replace period space

Space changed to period PT New Users 4 May 25th 08 03:13 PM
Autocorrect a single space after period at end of sentence Michelle Microsoft Word Help 2 September 13th 07 05:50 AM
hitting space bar prints a period/dot sutton6 Microsoft Word Help 1 July 5th 06 03:57 PM
How do I set up Autocorrect: always one space after a period Touseef Microsoft Word Help 1 March 29th 06 08:43 PM
replacing period-space with period-space-space BorisS Microsoft Word Help 10 February 20th 06 04:26 PM