Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
HankL HankL is offline

Default Templates

I am using Microsoft Word 2003

Does anyone know where I can find the folder that holds the template tabs.
Such as General, Legal Pleadings, Letters & Faxes, Memos, etc.

I want to create my own tab called Personal and put my templates under this
tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:23:54 -0700, "HankL" wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003

Does anyone know where I can find the folder that holds the template tabs.
Such as General, Legal Pleadings, Letters & Faxes, Memos, etc.

I want to create my own tab called Personal and put my templates under this
tab.

Read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889495.

Pay attention to the paragraph that starts "You can also create custom tabs that
appear in the Templates dialog box".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

And note most importantly, if there are no templates in the new folder you
create, it will not show up as a TAB in the dialog.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003

Does anyone know where I can find the folder that holds the template tabs.
Such as General, Legal Pleadings, Letters & Faxes, Memos, etc.

I want to create my own tab called Personal and put my templates under
this
tab.

Read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889495.

Pay attention to the paragraph that starts "You can also create custom
tabs that
appear in the Templates dialog box".

--
Regards,