Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
minimus minimus is offline

Default everlasting problem

hello,

I have a problem which I cannot solve in any way.

When i open a word file I get the following mes. box:

"The command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open. Click OK, and
then dose open dialog boxes to continue,"

I press ok and then i get the following

"This error usually occurs because of macro security settings. If you know
that the macro comes from a source that you trust, you can change your macro
security settings to allow you to enable the macro. The way that you change
your macro security settings depends on the Microsoft office System program
that you are using.
..PMbcrosoft Office Access, P4crosott Office Excel, Mccrosoft office
PowerPoint, ar 4crosoft Office word -
To check your macro secu-ity settings, ckk the Microsoft office Button, dick
program name options, dick Trust center, id then dick
Trust center settings.I
..If nacro searty set to Disable al macros without notification, al macros
are automabcaly disabled. use the following ocecue to enable hhe macro.
1. In the Trust center dialog box, dick Maero Settings, and then CbCJC
Disable a! macros with notification,
...."

i did everyhting suggested.
in the trust center I enabled, disabled macro settings. I tried ALL of them.
I cannot get rid of this message.

Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Reitanos Reitanos is offline

Do you use Outlook? One possible issue is that if it uses Word for
editing and has a dialog open Word gets upset because it won't allow
two modal dialogs to be open at the same time.

On Jun 20, 9:20*am, "minimus" wrote:
[...]

..."

i did everyhting suggested.
in the trust center I enabled, disabled macro settings. I tried ALL of them.
I cannot get rid of this message.

Why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I'm not sure if it's still relevant, but one classic cause of this was the
Office Plug-in for Norton AntiVirus, which caused dialogs to be opened
behind the Word window; sometimes you'd get a flashing button on the
Taskbar, sometimes no clue at all. If you have the plug-in enabled, you can
disable it without compromising your security.

"minimus" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
minimus minimus is offline

When i close outlook it still happens