Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
robzrob[_2_] robzrob[_2_] is offline

Default Table Borders

Hello. I've got a table with 4 columns and one row, ie just 4 boxes.
I want to show the gridlines for all except the first box. Every time
I set the bottom line of the fourth box to show, the bottom line of
the first box shows - which I don't want.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

To: Robzrob,

Unformat the lines (such as with Ctrl+Alt+U).
Then select the three cells upon which you want the gridlines.
Then add gridlines
(e.g.: Format Border and Shadings Border (tab) Grid Ok)

Did that work for you?

Steven Craig Miller

"robzrob" wrote:

Hello. I've got a table with 4 columns and one row, ie just 4 boxes.
I want to show the gridlines for all except the first box. Every time
I set the bottom line of the fourth box to show, the bottom line of
the first box shows - which I don't want.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
robzrob[_2_] robzrob[_2_] is offline

To: Robzrob,

"robzrob" wrote:
Hello. *I've got a table with 4 columns and one row, ie just 4 boxes.
I want to show the gridlines for all except the first box. *Every time
I set the bottom line of the fourth box to show, the bottom line of
the first box shows - which I don't want.- Hide quoted text -

No. When I put the lines back in again (Format Border, etc) the
bottom line appears in the first box! But I got round it: Split the
4th box into 2, put the bottom line in on the first box, delete the
2nd box, extend the one that's left to the width of the original box.

Thanks very much anyway.

table borders at Microsoft Word Help 1 August 4th 07 12:50 PM
Table borders gets thick when there's suppose to be no borders? RXNDNL Tables 1 January 7th 06 11:19 AM
Table Borders Katie Microsoft Word Help 2 September 16th 05 02:11 PM
Table Borders MGD Tables 1 July 7th 05 07:45 PM
Table Borders Moltar Tables 0 January 19th 05 03:01 AM