Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Default page number malfunction

I have been cutting down a MS Word 2003 file from a book sent to me by my
publisher.

But when I set page numbers, the lines have become separate pages.... I do
not know what is going on, but everything went fine until I put in page
numbers in the header form , and
now every line seems to have been made a page in some parts of this chapter.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For text starting on a new page, is the "Page break before" option selected
in Format | Paragraph, Line and Page Breaks tab?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

t.com wrote in message
I have been cutting down a MS Word 2003 file from a book sent to me by my
publisher.

But when I set page numbers, the lines have become separate pages.... I do
not know what is going on, but everything went fine until I put in page
numbers in the header form , and
now every line seems to have been made a page in some parts of this
chapter.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

Hi. My format tab in word 2003 does not seem to have a tab/category that is a

t.com wrote in message
I have been cutting down a MS Word 2003 file from a book sent to me by my
publisher.

But when I set page numbers, the lines have become separate pages.... I do
not know what is going on, but everything went fine until I put in page
numbers in the header form , and
now every line seems to have been made a page in some parts of this
chapter.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
removing all headers and footers[_2_] removing all headers and footers[_2_] is offline

OK, I found it finally.
Sorry about that. No, it is not selected. Other options there are, like
widow, etc. JF