Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OldManEd[_2_] OldManEd[_2_] is offline

Default Text Box Border

How do I remove the default border for a text box? Word help is useless on
this.
OMEd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

OldManEd wrote:
How do I remove the default border for a text box? Word help is
useless on this.
OMEd

Assuming this is Word 2003 or earlier...

- Insert a text box anywhere.
- Right-click the border and choose Format Text Box.
- Set the Line Color to "No Line" and click OK.
- Right-click the border again and choose Set AutoShape Defaults.

Be aware that this also sets the default border to No Line for any other
shapes you draw from the tools on the Drawing toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OldManEd[_2_] OldManEd[_2_] is offline

No, I'm working with Word2007. Ribbons, ribbons, a waste of time!!!! I know
Word2003 like the back of my hand but 2007 is terrible for old time Word
2003 users
OMEd

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
OldManEd wrote:
How do I remove the default border for a text box? Word help is
useless on this.
OMEd

Assuming this is Word 2003 or earlier...

- Insert a text box anywhere.
- Right-click the border and choose Format Text Box.
- Set the Line Color to "No Line" and click OK.
- Right-click the border again and choose Set AutoShape Defaults.

Be aware that this also sets the default border to No Line for any other
shapes you draw from the tools on the Drawing toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Follow the same steps. The only (minor) differences are that the color
dropdown says "No Color" instead of "No Line", and after the border is set
to No Color you have to right-click one of the blue handles to be able to
see the Set AutoShape Defaults choice. You don't have to touch any ribbons
to do this.

OldManEd wrote:
How do I remove the default border for a text box? Word help is
useless on this.
OMEd

Assuming this is Word 2003 or earlier...

- Insert a text box anywhere.
- Right-click the border and choose Format Text Box.
- Set the Line Color to "No Line" and click OK.
- Right-click the border again and choose Set AutoShape Defaults.

Be aware that this also sets the default border to No Line for any
other shapes you draw from the tools on the Drawing toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OldManEd[_2_] OldManEd[_2_] is offline

Thanks. This worked for a text box. Tried same for image. Didn't.

I also have a 2-layer image, a jpeg file that is line art with one (small)
image inside the other. I don't see the image except with preview. There is
a border which I assume is around the large, rectangular image. How do I
delete it?

OldManEd wrote:
How do I remove the default border for a text box? Word help is
useless on this.
OMEd

Assuming this is Word 2003 or earlier...

- Insert a text box anywhere.
- Right-click the border and choose Format Text Box.
- Set the Line Color to "No Line" and click OK.
- Right-click the border again and choose Set AutoShape Defaults.

Be aware that this also sets the default border to No Line for any
other shapes you draw from the tools on the Drawing toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You should be able to right-click the outer image, choose Format Picture
Line Color, and click No Line. (There's also a Picture Border button on the
Picture Tools ribbon that's visible when the picture is selected, but I
understand your dislike of the ribbons.)

If that doesn't remove the line, or if the line color is already set to No
Line, then I'll guess that either (a) you have the Picture Placeholders
option checked (see your other thread) or (b) the line is actually part of
the jpeg file.

OldManEd wrote:
How do I remove the default border for a text box? Word help is
useless on this.
OMEd

Assuming this is Word 2003 or earlier...

- Insert a text box anywhere.
- Right-click the border and choose Format Text Box.
- Set the Line Color to "No Line" and click OK.
- Right-click the border again and choose Set AutoShape Defaults.

Be aware that this also sets the default border to No Line for any
other shapes you draw from the tools on the Drawing toolbar.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

no border but when click on text box a border shows dexter Microsoft Word Help 1 February 6th 08 01:58 AM
How do I remove border from text box. "Border: none" doesn't work honkaphrodite Page Layout 2 January 9th 08 03:00 PM
Border text Andrew Chalk Page Layout 3 July 13th 07 02:23 AM
Text border as box only? kaerensa Microsoft Word Help 2 December 11th 05 01:25 AM
How do i use my own text as a border? Kritty Microsoft Word Help 1 April 28th 05 02:41 PM