Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OldManEd[_2_] OldManEd[_2_] is offline

Default Picture doesn't show except in Print Preview

I used Insert--Picture to insert a jpeg image. All I see is the outline
(size) of the image. It only shows in Print Preview. Is there any way to
make it visible while I am creating a template?
OMEd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

OldManEd wrote:
I used Insert--Picture to insert a jpeg image. All I see is the
outline (size) of the image. It only shows in Print Preview. Is there
any way to make it visible while I am creating a template?
OMEd

In Tools Options View, check the option "Drawings" and uncheck the
option "Picture placeholders".

There is a separate "Drawing objects" option on the Print tab of the same
dialog, which you'll find is already checked (as indicated by the fact you
can see the picture in Print Preview).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OldManEd[_2_] OldManEd[_2_] is offline

So where is this in Word 2007.

I know this is an old newsgroup with name 'new users' but by now you should
assume that 'new' means Word 2007!!!!\

OMEd

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
OldManEd wrote:
I used Insert--Picture to insert a jpeg image. All I see is the
outline (size) of the image. It only shows in Print Preview. Is there
any way to make it visible while I am creating a template?
OMEd

In Tools Options View, check the option "Drawings" and uncheck the
option "Picture placeholders".

There is a separate "Drawing objects" option on the Print tab of the same
dialog, which you'll find is already checked (as indicated by the fact you
can see the picture in Print Preview).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Go to Office button Word Options Advanced, scroll down to the "Show
document content" section, and check "Show drawings and text boxes on
screen" and uncheck "Show picture placeholders".

There is no reasonable way to make assumptions about what version of Word
any poster is using. In fact, it isn't reasonable to assume that someone
posting in this group is really a new user -- many people pay no attention
at all to the group names. If you want information specific to Word 2007,
please say that you have Word 2007.

OldManEd wrote:
I used Insert--Picture to insert a jpeg image. All I see is the
outline (size) of the image. It only shows in Print Preview. Is
there any way to make it visible while I am creating a template?
OMEd

In Tools Options View, check the option "Drawings" and uncheck
the option "Picture placeholders".

There is a separate "Drawing objects" option on the Print tab of the
same dialog, which you'll find is already checked (as indicated by
the fact you can see the picture in Print Preview).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.