Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Harvey[_2_] Harvey[_2_] is offline

Default page numbering

How do you set page numbering as a default? I am using word 2002.
Harvey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
StevenM[_2_] StevenM[_2_] is offline

Harvey,

For Page Numbering, see:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...265131033.aspx
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

But if you want to make page numbering default for every new word document
you create, you need to add a page number to your template. But in my
opinion, that would be more work than it is worth, since it is a fairly
simple task to open your header or footer and instert a page number.

Steven Craig Miller

"Harvey" wrote:

How do you set page numbering as a default? I am using word 2002.
Harvey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Harvey[_2_] Harvey[_2_] is offline

Thanks a lot for responding to my question. I just thought there might me a
simple way to add it to the default document and forget about it.
Harvey

"Harvey" wrote:

How do you set page numbering as a default? I am using word 2002.
Harvey

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Yes, it is a simple task but DON'T add it to normal.dot (the standard
template) as it has horrible side affects. Instead, create your own template
and add the page number to the footer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP