Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Octavio[_2_] Octavio[_2_] is offline

Default How to have the name of the file on top of the window show full path

How do my Word documents can show the full path of the open file or document
on top of the window?

This is helpful when you have open many files and each is located on a
different folder.

Please advise where are the settings for this.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

For versions of Word prior to Word 2007, you can edit the Toolbars and drag
the Web Address tool and drop it on the Menu Bar. Then pull it out to fill
the remaining space in the Menu Bar. This will now display the full address
including path of the open document.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Octavio" wrote in message
How do my Word documents can show the full path of the open file or
document
on top of the window?

This is helpful when you have open many files and each is located on a
different folder.

Please advise where are the settings for this.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you add the following macro to the normal template

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

the folder where an open document is located will be shown in the Word title
bar. Works for all Word versions.

Octavio wrote:
How do my Word documents can show the full path of the open file or
document on top of the window?

This is helpful when you have open many files and each is located on a
different folder.

Please advise where are the settings for this.

Thanks in advance.

show full file path to the document CTY Microsoft Word Help 3 May 3rd 07 03:59 PM
show full path smk23 Page Layout 1 March 19th 07 02:28 PM
Full Path of a file name trvlnmny New Users 6 January 22nd 07 11:57 AM
How do I set Word 2003 to show the full path of the file edited? M Lindberg Microsoft Word Help 4 March 8th 06 11:00 PM
full file path in the Word Window title bar Carly Microsoft Word Help 2 February 2nd 06 04:33 PM