Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RRW RRW is offline

Default Word Mac 2001 -- disappearing pull downs, etc

I have Word for Mac v.X (2001).
I have been using it with great success for many years on my G4 Mac (OSX
10.3.9).

All of a sudden the pull downs and tool bars changed. It as if the
preferences or options have been somehow reset and I cannot figure it out
(tried preferences and such).

Here are the major changes that are effecting my use:
1) I can no longer format the columns. Columns does not show up under the
"format" pull down menu. It is on the standard toolbar, but there are not
formatting options as I have used multiple tiems.
2) I can no longer choose a "column break". "Page break" and "Section break"
are the only options now under the "insert" pull down menu.
3) Another clue (perhaps): on the standard toolbar, the "undo" arrow has
become a "paintbrush" -- it still functions as an undo. This change happened
at the same time as the others.

Is there anyway to turn this back? Thank you for any help and assistance.