Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FRB FRB is offline

Default How to create a table of figures without fields

I have a document with 200 figures, numbered from 1 to whatever within each
chapter, e.g. Figure 22.1, Figure 23.16 etc.
The figure headings are just text, no fields attached. The heading style is
not unique - it is also used for e.g. headings for tables.
In this situation, how can I create a table of figures for the whole document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

One way would be to create a new paragraph style based on the heading
stylecurrently used for the figures, to provide a new stylename with the
same characteristics, then use replace to replace
Figure - format style heading style name
with
^& - Format style new style name
to apply the new style to all the figures. Then create a table of figures
based on that new style.