Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bobk544 bobk544 is offline

Default "find - reading highlight - highlight all" highlights won't save

Hello,

When i go to find all references to a word and then highlight all the words
fouind via:
find - reading highlight - highlight all - then select a highlight color

the color is propogated to all of the words found but, when i try to save
those highlighted references, they do not save like they did with 2003!!!!!

even when i create new document.

i some cases it works but i've just now tried over 15 times with many
permuatations on the approach and the found and then highlighted words will
not save!!!!!

any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

BobK
Virginia

--
bobk
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Instead of clicking reading highlight, click the find in button and select
whole document. All of the
matching items will be selected, and you can use the highlighter tool as you
did in W2003.

The new reading highlight feature does not actually select the items, and the
highlighting is not the feature we are familiar with. I can't think why they
hid the old and useful functionality under the find in button.

HTH,
PamC

bobk544 wrote:
Hello,

When i go to find all references to a word and then highlight all the words
fouind via:
find - reading highlight - highlight all - then select a highlight color

the color is propogated to all of the words found but, when i try to save
those highlighted references, they do not save like they did with 2003!!!!!

even when i create new document.

i some cases it works but i've just now tried over 15 times with many
permuatations on the approach and the found and then highlighted words will
not save!!!!!

any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

BobK
Virginia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bobk544 bobk544 is offline

Default "find - reading highlight - highlight all" highlights won't

Great thanks alot Pam that was it and explains how i was able to highlight in
some cases previously, but wasn't sure how i did it!

--
bobk

bobk544 wrote:
Hello,

When i go to find all references to a word and then highlight all the words
fouind via:
find - reading highlight - highlight all - then select a highlight color

the color is propogated to all of the words found but, when i try to save
those highlighted references, they do not save like they did with 2003!!!!!

even when i create new document.

i some cases it works but i've just now tried over 15 times with many
permuatations on the approach and the found and then highlighted words will
not save!!!!!

any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

BobK
Virginia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You are welcome. I found out about this from Suzanne just last month--after
many months of fussing to myself.

bobk544 wrote:
Great thanks alot Pam that was it and explains how i was able to highlight in
some cases previously, but wasn't sure how i did it!

Instead of clicking reading highlight, click the find in button and select
whole document. All of the

[quoted text clipped - 27 lines]
BobK
Virginia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And I wouldn't ever have figured it out if Beth Melton hadn't pounded me
over the head!

http://word.mvps.org