Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
j_a_wolfe (Jim) j_a_wolfe (Jim) is offline

Default Numbered Lists in Master Document

I have a hundred or so individual Word documents that I would like to collate
inta a book. I thought the Master Document was the ticket, using the
individual files as sub-docs. Whenever I try this, my numbered lists get
wack. Some of the start at a..b..c and some start where the previous document
stopped. Please tell me there's a way to fix this short of re-working all the
originals. I didn't create them and have no clue as to whether any common
formatting was applied or if each was created on the fly.
TIA,
Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/Wh...ocsCorrupt.htm
This may indicate what is going on with your documents.
Hopefully you have not corrupted too many of your documents, or you were
working on copies.
Come back if you have any further problems.
All the best.
DeanH

"j_a_wolfe (Jim)" wrote:

I have a hundred or so individual Word documents that I would like to collate
inta a book. I thought the Master Document was the ticket, using the
individual files as sub-docs. Whenever I try this, my numbered lists get
wack. Some of the start at a..b..c and some start where the previous document
stopped. Please tell me there's a way to fix this short of re-working all the
originals. I didn't create them and have no clue as to whether any common
formatting was applied or if each was created on the fly.
TIA,
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
j_a_wolfe (Jim)[_2_] j_a_wolfe (Jim)[_2_] is offline

Dean,
I appreciate the quick reply although I did manage to corupt 100 or so
files. Luckily, it only added a page break and formatted the last line in
each document to be justified so I can recover them. I'm not sure how I'll
get the files turned into a book but you can bet I'll be experimenting with
copies not originals.
Thanx,
Jim