Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suebob1 Suebob1 is offline

Default How do I find duplicated words in a list in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Run a spell check - else use this big space to explain what it really is
that you want to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Suebob1 - if it is a long list and only a list in a Word document, I would
paste it over to Excel, as Word probably not the best application.
If it must be in Word (which version are you using?), you could select the
List, Table, Sort, Paragraphs, Ascending. Then you can work your way down the
list to see duplicates. If the List must be in a certain order, and you have
not already got one - add a number for the order you want. This should be in
a table. Select the list, Table, Table to Text, say two columns then add a
sequential number. Then sort on the list (the words). Find the Duplicates,
then resort back to your original order by the sequential numbers.
Clear as mud? ;-) More long-winded in text and in operation.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Run a spell check - else use this big space to explain what it really is
that you want to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can do that in Word and remove the duplicates with Replace -
http://www.gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm if that is what he wants
to do. The question was so vague he could mean anything.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Run a spell check - else use this big space to explain what it
really is that you want to do.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Totally agree, very vague and I am surprised that there have been only two
I did think of Replace, but that imples that SueBob1 knows what the
duplicates were in the first place and I thought to start from first
principles - find the duplicates first.
All the best
DeanH