Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stevo stevo is offline

Default 'Full Screen' Mode

Hi,

I hope that someone can help me with something that has been bugging me for
ages. Now I've found this forum I thought I'd ask.

I want a 'proper' full screen mode in Word 2007. I want to simply see what
I'm typing. I don't want any menus or scroll bars; in particular I don't want
to see the button to press to exit full screen mode. To be clear i'll repeat:
I want to see the page and the words and NOTHING else.

In my last version of Word I had a full screen mode and the stupid exit
button; you have no idea how much that made me swear. I thought Word 2007 may
have moved on but all I can seem to find is the full screen 'reading' view.
Calling it 'full screen' is literally incorrect: it is full of menus and
controls that hide parts of the screen and distract me.

Can someone help me find a true 'full screen' mode in 2007? Is such a thing
possible in any word processor? Do people that create word processors write
at all?

Thanks and regards,

Steve