TrevaRPR

Default How to set up greeting line to say Dear Mr.

In trying to do mail merge, it is not merging the style of greeting line that
it displays.
Graham Mayor

What does this mean? We are not psychic. Please explain in more detail what
you are trying to do and what actually happens - in the meantime, see

TrevaRPR wrote:
In trying to do mail merge, it is not merging the style of greeting
line that it displays.

TrevaRPR

I've composed my letter and I've composed my mailing list. When I go into my
letter to insert the address block and the greeting line at the appropriate
places, it asks for how I want it displayed. I chose how I want it
displayed, for example:
Mr. Robert Smith
SMITH & SMITH
P. O. Box 10000
Anytown, LA 70000

It shows that display. I go to the greeting line and choose the display I
want, for example:

Dear Mr. Smith:

But then when I preview the letter, for the address it gives me:
Robert Smith (wtih no Mr.) even though in the display I've chosen the "Mr."
option.

For the greeting line, it shows: Dear Robert Smith, even though I've
selected the display of Dear Mr. Smith.

What am I doing wrong??? Please help!!!

TrevaRPR wrote:
In trying to do mail merge, it is not merging the style of greeting
line that it displays.

Graham Mayor

The address block causes more trouble than it is worth. Use the individual
fields that make up the address (the link I posted earlier shows how to do
that). If you want a salutation, then the salutation has to exist in the
data file. You didn't say where your data was coming from, but if it is
Outlook data - see http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm