PickerTech

Default How do I change the default print tray in the Label Wizard?

When I go into the Envelopes and Labels wizard, then click on options, the
default printing tray is always set to "Default Tray". It doesn't matter
what settings are set in the printer itself, or in "page setup", or in the
printer settings on the computer. So, my secretaries are forced to click on
options and manually select "Tray 1" to force the printing from tray 1.

Is there a way to set "Tray 1" as the default IN THE LABEL WIZARD? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sam Hobday, Solsoft

Unfortunately I can't offer a solution, but maybe bring this to the front
again.
I've got the same problem.

Obviously you can change the tray each time, but that's kind of a pain.
On my colleagues computer, the preselected tray is manual feed (which for us
is correct), but on mine it is "Default Tray" which goes to one of the trays.
My colleague has no idea why it is selected correctly on his.

I can't find any options anywhere for changing what the default paper tray
selection is under the Label's wizard. It does not seem to remember the
previously selected one either.

Anyone shed any light?

Thanks,

Sam

"PickerTech" wrote:

When I go into the Envelopes and Labels wizard, then click on options, the
default printing tray is always set to "Default Tray". It doesn't matter
what settings are set in the printer itself, or in "page setup", or in the
printer settings on the computer. So, my secretaries are forced to click on
options and manually select "Tray 1" to force the printing from tray 1.

Is there a way to set "Tray 1" as the default IN THE LABEL WIZARD? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diamonds_Mine

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm not using the label wizard; just
the envelopes and labels menu option, but the default tray is set to "default
tray (printer auto select). This is using Word 2003; in Word 2000 the
default tray was "manual feed..." -- I wonder if this setting has anything to
do with printer drivers. Thanks for any information anyone can provide.
Have a greaty day!

"PickerTech" wrote:

When I go into the Envelopes and Labels wizard, then click on options, the
default printing tray is always set to "Default Tray". It doesn't matter
what settings are set in the printer itself, or in "page setup", or in the
printer settings on the computer. So, my secretaries are forced to click on
options and manually select "Tray 1" to force the printing from tray 1.

Is there a way to set "Tray 1" as the default IN THE LABEL WIZARD? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carolyn

Thank you, but I'm looking for a way to have it default to the manual feed
tray instead of having to select it each time I use the labels feature.

"PickerTech" wrote:

When I go into the Envelopes and Labels wizard, then click on
options, the default printing tray is always set to "Default Tray".
It doesn't matter what settings are set in the printer itself, or
in "page setup", or in the printer settings on the computer. So,
my secretaries are forced to click on options and manually select
"Tray 1" to force the printing from tray 1.

Is there a way to set "Tray 1" as the default IN THE LABEL WIZARD?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

It should stay at the last used selected tray option. Whatever I set here
remains even when Word is closed and re-opened. If yours is not doing this
you *may* have a minor corruption in the Word data key in the registry.
Backup the key from Regedit then delete it - as shown at
http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm.