Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hogan

Default Selected text is not deleted when I begin typing

When I select a piece of text and begin typing, I expect the selected text to
be deleted but this is not the case. The selected text simply gets pushed to
the right. How do I solve this so that when I select text and begin typing
the old text is deleted?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Hello Hgan-

I believe what you need is ToolsOptionsEdit, put a check in the first box,
'Typing Replaces Selection'.

HTH |:)

"Hogan" wrote:

When I select a piece of text and begin typing, I expect the selected text to
be deleted but this is not the case. The selected text simply gets pushed to
the right. How do I solve this so that when I select text and begin typing
the old text is deleted?

Wandering text box Jim K Microsoft Word Help 7 December 23rd 05 11:27 PM
Way to hide text without hidden text font? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 6 December 11th 05 09:53 PM
Can't copy text marked as deleted Alan4297 Microsoft Word Help 3 August 25th 05 02:02 PM
Replacing selected text Dave New Users 2 January 26th 05 06:06 PM
Overwriting selected text in word Hakan Gök Microsoft Word Help 2 January 26th 05 04:13 PM