Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Remove picture from word

Default How can I remove picture from word document without opening?

I have a bunch of word documents, each one with lot of picture inserted. I
want to remove remove picture's from all the document without opening any of
the document, since it is time consuming. Please advise.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

The short answer is no. You cannot remove pictures from a document without
opening it.
If the images are inserted in line you can use themethod at
http://www.gmayor.com/batch_replace.htm to remove them.
If not put your question to the vba group, but they will need to know more
about the documenst and what they contain and what you want to happen when
the images are removed.
Note that saving the documents as plain text will remove everything but the
text.