arkaycee

Default How do I number pages in a 2 column document?

In Word 2003 Professional, I've created a booklet on letter-sized paper,
landscape, two columns. Want to number each of the two pages on one side of
the sheet, but can't seem to do it. A friend suggested going file, page
setup, multiple pages, two pages per sheet. It apparently worked for her
when I sent her the file, but I couldn't replicate the results. Each side of
the page is now on a separate sheet and looks like it's on legal (though it's
really not). Any suggestions? I repaired the installation, but no change.
Tropicana

"arkaycee" wrote in message
In Word 2003 Professional, I've created a booklet on letter-sized paper,
landscape, two columns. Want to number each of the two pages on one side

of
the sheet, but can't seem to do it. A friend suggested going file, page
setup, multiple pages, two pages per sheet. It apparently worked for her
when I sent her the file, but I couldn't replicate the results. Each side

of
the page is now on a separate sheet and looks like it's on legal (though

it's
really not). Any suggestions? I repaired the installation, but no

change.

There is another way but it is normally for A4 to A5 settings.

Produce the document as normal but make all settings to 1.5 times the
standard eg: standard font size12 should font size18.
When printing, change the settings to zoom to 2 pages per page to be
printed.

As the printer will print to two pages per paper, you will then have
settings reduced back to what you originally wanted.

This is rather crude but it was effective but am interested in hearing other
ideas.

Kindest regards

Tom

In Word 2003 you can print 2 pages per sheet by choosing that option in Page
Setup (Margins tab); Word treats the pages as logical pages, and you add
footnotes in the normal way. But you can't create a booklet this way because
the page order won't be correct. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm.