L Smith

Default preventing some text from printing

Hi - I hope someone can help me - using Word 2000

I am preparing some standard letters for issue to several offices. Some of
our staff are, to say the least, not computer literate, so I need to make
things as straightforward as I can.

I want to add some comments/guidance to the letters, to help them complete
them accurately, but I don't want those to appear in the printed document by
mistake. I can't work out how to do this. I did think of using a macro to
delete specified blocks of text prior to printing, but our IT people are not
happy with macros being used. So, what I need is a way of identifying text
in the document as non-printing, in such a way that the user can follw the
guidance, but when they clcik the print button, it doesn't appear. Any
ideas?

TIA

And don't forget that brief instructions, such as "Type name here" can be
the "prompt" text for MacroButton NoMacro fields.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
You'll end up chasing your own tail with this kind of approach. As Doug
says, you can use hidden text. But the problem is, that introduces *more*
complications into the document. You'll likely spend more time dealing

with
problems caused by the hidden text, than you'll save from the explanation

it
provides. Put your guidance on one piece of paper, laminate it, and shove

it
in front of your users. Or make mouse pads. Graffiti the office wall.

"L Smith" L wrote in message
[...]

help, problem with text field in word 2003 Salvatore Microsoft Word Help 1 January 21st 05 04:40 PM
Excel worksheet in Word linked text boxes Eduardo Oliveira Page Layout 0 January 6th 05 12:23 AM
Hide text from printing - can view text on document Shannon T Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 04 08:20 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
text not printing donna Page Layout 1 December 18th 04 12:03 AM