Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bridgegirl

Default Show/Hide formatting marks?

How do I get rid of show/hide formatting marks in a word document? We have
documents that this feature was chosen and saved and now we cannot turn it
off. I have tried Tools Options View under Formatting Marks, "All" is
not checked but the formatting marks are still showing on the document. I
also tried unchecking (from the Menu bar) all that was checked under Show.
This gets rid of them as long as the document is open but once it is saved
and closed and opened again the formatting marks are back. Is there any way
to diable this once a document has been saved with it on?
--
bridgegirl
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...PrintChars.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"bridgegirl" wrote:

How do I get rid of show/hide formatting marks in a word document? We have
documents that this feature was chosen and saved and now we cannot turn it
off. I have tried Tools Options View under Formatting Marks, "All" is
not checked but the formatting marks are still showing on the document. I
also tried unchecking (from the Menu bar) all that was checked under Show.
This gets rid of them as long as the document is open but once it is saved
and closed and opened again the formatting marks are back. Is there any way
to diable this once a document has been saved with it on?
--
bridgegirl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bridgegirl

Thanks for your reply, and I'm sorry, but I think I am using the wrong
terminology. I am referring to the Reviewing selection under View
Toolbars. Because we have several different people working in the same
document at different times, sometimes we use this to determine what changes
(if any) have been made to a document. It seems like once this has been
chosen and the document has been saved there is no way to get it off and show
the docoment without the Reviewing marks. I have tried several things and
cannot figure out if there is a way to remove it once it has been set and
saved for a document. Thanks
--
bridgegirl

"bridgegirl" wrote:

How do I get rid of show/hide formatting marks in a word document? We have
documents that this feature was chosen and saved and now we cannot turn it
off. I have tried Tools Options View under Formatting Marks, "All" is
not checked but the formatting marks are still showing on the document. I
also tried unchecking (from the Menu bar) all that was checked under Show.
This gets rid of them as long as the document is open but once it is saved
and closed and opened again the formatting marks are back. Is there any way
to diable this once a document has been saved with it on?
--
bridgegirl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Try clicking on the Drop down box and click on Accept all changes. That
should do the trick for you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP