Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lee english

Default Changed word (and other) icon when adobe 7.0 installed

I recently installed Adobe 7.0. After doing so, the word icon (and power
point, excel, etc.) went to a generic blue and white box. I tried Restore,
but that gives me back the icons but Adobe goes away. Do I need to
re-install XP? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Why do you care what the icons look like? But if it worries you,
right-click, select Properties, select Change Icon. Under the circumstances
you could change all your icons to dog turds, to celebrate Prince Charles's
vasectomy.

"lee english" wrote in message
I recently installed Adobe 7.0. After doing so, the word icon (and power
point, excel, etc.) went to a generic blue and white box. I tried
Restore,
but that gives me back the icons but Adobe goes away. Do I need to
re-install XP? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lee english

Good Morning! This wasn't very helpful at all and your sarcasm is not
appreciated. Please don't answer any more of my posts unless you have
something constructive to say. In addition, your instructions were not well
thought out as they didn't give proper directions. I hope you're not an
instructor of any sort.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Why do you care what the icons look like? But if it worries you,
right-click, select Properties, select Change Icon. Under the circumstances
you could change all your icons to dog turds, to celebrate Prince Charles's
vasectomy.

"lee english" wrote in message
I recently installed Adobe 7.0. After doing so, the word icon (and power
point, excel, etc.) went to a generic blue and white box. I tried
Restore,
but that gives me back the icons but Adobe goes away. Do I need to
re-install XP? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

It's well observed that those who lack a sense of humour, lack sense. What
have you got against Prince Charles?

Nonetheless, the method for changing icons is exactly as given.