Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dill_weed

Default right click menu is different inside a bulleted list

when I right click outside of a bulleted list, i get the normal menu
with the Synonyms command, but when I click on the text inside of a
bulleted list, the Synonyms command is not there.

Can I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Open Tools | Customize and select the Toolbars tab. Check the box for
Shortcut Menus. This displays a small toolbar with three menus: Text, Table,
and Draw. The Text list shows all the shortcut menus, which are also called
"context menus." The commands you get on one of these menus depends on the
context, and, as you can see, there are a LOT of contexts. You can add
commands from any of these menus to any other (the easiest way is to
Ctrl+Drag to copy it from one to another).

"dill_weed" wrote in message
when I right click outside of a bulleted list, i get the normal

menu
with the Synonyms command, but when I click on the text inside of a
bulleted list, the Synonyms command is not there.

Can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dill_weed

Thanks for the reply. However, you did not fully answer my question (sorry,
this is word 2000). I have gotten as far as you have said, but how do I add
the synonym command in the right click menu to the context of bulleted lists?

thanks
Emerson

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Open Tools | Customize and select the Toolbars tab. Check the box for
Shortcut Menus. This displays a small toolbar with three menus: Text, Table,
and Draw. The Text list shows all the shortcut menus, which are also called
"context menus." The commands you get on one of these menus depends on the
context, and, as you can see, there are a LOT of contexts. You can add
commands from any of these menus to any other (the easiest way is to
Ctrl+Drag to copy it from one to another).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The shortcut menu you need to add it to is Lists. It's already on that menu
in Word 2003, but you can find the command on, say, the Text menu and
Ctrl+Drag it to the Lists menu. Perhaps reading
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm would
help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Open Tools | Customize and select the Toolbars tab. Check the box for
Shortcut Menus. This displays a small toolbar with three menus: Text,

Table,
and Draw. The Text list shows all the shortcut menus, which are also

called
"context menus." The commands you get on one of these menus depends on

the
context, and, as you can see, there are a LOT of contexts. You can add
commands from any of these menus to any other (the easiest way is to
Ctrl+Drag to copy it from one to another).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dill_weed

Suzanne, I appreciate you taking time to help me, but I think it would be
helpful if you tried to duplicate my problem and see if it happens to you. I
am using Word 2000.

Create a bulleted list, and then right-click on any of the words in the
bulleted list and see if you get the same shortcut menu as you would in a
normal paragraph.

Do you get the same menu command?

Thanks a million.

Emerson

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Open Tools | Customize and select the Toolbars tab. Check the box for
Shortcut Menus. This displays a small toolbar with three menus: Text,

Table,
and Draw. The Text list shows all the shortcut menus, which are also

called
"context menus." The commands you get on one of these menus depends on

the
context, and, as you can see, there are a LOT of contexts. You can add
commands from any of these menus to any other (the easiest way is to
Ctrl+Drag to copy it from one to another).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I did test this before I wrote, "It's already on that menu in Word 2003."
When I right-click in a bulleted list, I get Synonyms on the context menu.
If you don't, I've told you how to add it.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The shortcut menu you need to add it to is Lists. It's already on that

menu
in Word 2003, but you can find the command on, say, the Text menu and
Ctrl+Drag it to the Lists menu. Perhaps reading
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm

would
help.

newsgroup so