Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue Sue is offline

Default Number of pages in document

I do not want to include the front page in the total of pages in the footer.
e.g. In a booklet with a front page and two pages of content: front page
should show nothing; page two should show ' 1 of 2' and page three '2 of 2'.
How? I have started the page numbering from page 2 OK but page 2 shows '1 of
3' instead of '1 of 2'. Each page has various sections as they have field
codes (form).
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Sue" wrote:

I do not want to include the front page in the total of pages in the footer.
e.g. In a booklet with a front page and two pages of content: front page
should show nothing; page two should show ' 1 of 2' and page three '2 of 2'.
How? I have started the page numbering from page 2 OK but page 2 shows '1 of
3' instead of '1 of 2'. Each page has various sections as they have field
codes (form).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If Carol's link doesn't do it, see he
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm

Page X of Y where you want Y to be the total for several sections but
exclude other sections can require some field math, explained at that link.
Can't quite tell whether it's applicable to your document as I don't deal
with forms and thus do not quite understand your last sentence.

On 8/18/06 6:23 AM, "Sue" wrote:

I do not want to include the front page in the total of pages in the footer.
e.g. In a booklet with a front page and two pages of content: front page
should show nothing; page two should show ' 1 of 2' and page three '2 of 2'.
How? I have started the page numbering from page 2 OK but page 2 shows '1 of
3' instead of '1 of 2'. Each page has various sections as they have field
codes (form).

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/