Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Seongyeon Park Seongyeon Park is offline

Default How many features does microsoft word have?

i'm doing a case study for school project and i need to know how many
features there are in Microsoft Word. Please answer my question and I would
appreciate your help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Wrong! Jezebel!

Everybody knows it is 42!!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Three.

"Seongyeon Park" Seongyeon wrote in message
i'm doing a case study for school project and i need to know how many
features there are in Microsoft Word. Please answer my question and I would
appreciate your help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Now there's a frood who knows where his towel's at.

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
Wrong! Jezebel!

Everybody knows it is 42!!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Three.

"Seongyeon Park" Seongyeon wrote in
message ...
i'm doing a case study for school project and i need to know how many
features there are in Microsoft Word. Please answer my question and I
would
appreciate your help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Seongyeon,

That's a BIG question! However ...
Microsoft recently released an Excel Spreadsheet that enumerated the
Menu/Toolbar Items in Word 2003 and gave their new locations in
Word 2007.

Since my Wife is out (and my Mistress overseas and Jezebel counting
her digits), I knocked up a quick Macro....untested....undebugged....

The Spreadsheet lists the following numbers of items:

Menu/Toolbar Name No of Items Listed
----------------------- -------------------
File menu 46
Edit menu 26
View menu 44
Insert menu 45
Format menu 31
Tools menu 52
Table menu 37
Window menu 5
Help menu 9
Standard toolbar 46
Formatting toolbar 48
AutoText toolbar 3
Control Toolbox toolbar 15
Database toolbar 10
Drawing toolbar 285
E-mail toolbar 41
Extended Formatting toolbar 10
Forms toolbar 13
Frames toolbar 7
Function Key Display toolbar 12
Ink Annotations 8
Ink Drawing and Writing toolbar 7
Japanese Greetings toolbar 7
Mail Merge toolbar 32
Outlining toolbar 22
Picture toolbar 24
Reviewing toolbar 25
Tables and Borders toolbar 36
Visual Basic toolbar 9
Web toolbar 16
Web Tools toolbar 16
Word Count toolbar 2
WordArt toolbar 10
3-D Settings toolbar 70
Shadow Settings toolbar 48
Drawing Canvas toolbar 12
Organization Chart toolbar 21
Diagram toolbar 31
Header and Footer toolbar 18
Full Screen toolbar 1
Stop Recording toolbar 4
Microsoft toolbar 8
Print Preview toolbar 10
AutoSummarize toolbar 3
Exit Design Mode toolbar 1
Text Box toolbar 6
Refresh toolbar 2
Reading Layout toolbar 14
Compare Side by Side toolbar 3
System toolbar 6
Online Meeting toolbar 7
================ ====
TOTAL Items 1264

NB: At least 50 of the Word 2003 Items HAVE BEEN REMOVED
FROM THE PRODUCT!

So the answer is "Around 1200"!!

I think!!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Seongyeon Park" Seongyeon wrote in message
i'm doing a case study for school project and i need to know how many
features there are in Microsoft Word. Please answer my question and I would
appreciate your help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Mine's a Ouisghian Zodah - I have you pegged for a Jynnan Tonnyx.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Three.

"Seongyeon Park" Seongyeon wrote in message
i'm doing a case study for school project and i need to know how many
features there are in Microsoft Word. Please answer my question and I would
appreciate your help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is this the same guy who asked this about two months ago and got all p*ssy
when I said there is no definite answer to the question?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Three.

"Seongyeon Park" Seongyeon wrote in
message ...
i'm doing a case study for school project and i need to know how many
features there are in Microsoft Word. Please answer my question and I
would
appreciate your help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But are those "features" or "functions"?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Hi JoAnne,

But are those "features" or "functions"?

I'd say 'definitely', though I'm not precisely sure of the difference.

I'm not even sure what the original question means, but I had a drunken
and opportunistic moment of Macro ecstasy....

I think I'll have another Ouisghian Zodah!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't know what a Ouisghian Zodah is but I have a feeling if I had one,
I'd be completely incapable of asking for another one coherently. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

No, but not because of the reason you'd think. I don't like olives. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jezebel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Ouisghian olives have little legs and fins, so they can swim enticingly
around the glass and wriggle delightfully down your throat. Just perfect
when your thought processes are becoming thixotropic.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I think your medication is wearing off again

Jezebel wrote:
Ouisghian olives have little legs and fins, so they can swim
enticingly around the glass and wriggle delightfully down your
throat. Just perfect when your thought processes are becoming
thixotropic.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
.. .
No, but not because of the reason you'd think. I don't like olives.
;-) --

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
i'm doing a case study for school project and i need to know
how many
features there are in Microsoft Word. Please answer my
question and I would
appreciate your help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Hi JoAnne,

Here's what the Encyclopedia Galactica has to say about alcohol. It says that
alcohol is a colourless volatile liquid formed by the fermentation of sugars and
also notes its intoxicating effect on certain carbon-based life forms.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy also mentions alcohol. "It says that the
best
drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. It says that the effect
of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a
slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick". The Guide also tells you on
which planets the best Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters are mixed, how much you can
expect to pay for one and what voluntary organizations exist to help you
rehabilitate afterwards. The Guide even tells you how you can mix one yourself.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sells rather better than the Encyclopaedia
Galactica.

The recipe is as follows:
1.. Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
2.. Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V. (Oh,
that Santraginean seawater. Oh, those Santraginean fish!)
3.. Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (It must
be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
4.. Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it. (In memory of
all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of
Fallia.)
5.. Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qualactin Hypermint
extract. (Redolent of all the heady odours of the dark Qualactin Zones,
subtle sweet and mystic.)
6.. Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. (Watch it dissolve, spreading
the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.)
7.. Sprinkle Zamphuor.
8.. Add an olive.
9.. Drink . . . but . . . very carefully . . .

It has been stated that there are a number of environmental and weapons treaties
and laws of physics which prevent the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster from being
mixed on Earth.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Jezebel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Ah Jezebel!

What they are missing!!

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz & his Poetry ..
Slartibartfast's Norwegian Fjord ..
Zaphod Beeblebrox - Galactic President ..
The Total Perspective Vortex ..
Eccentria Gallumbits the triple-breasted whore of Eroticon V ..
Marvin, Mice and Arthur ..

Such nostalgia - I think Jynnn Tonnyx all round - don't you?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

wrote in message
i'm doing a case study for school project and i need to know
how many
features there are in Microsoft Word. Please answer my
question and I would
appreciate your help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

Hi Graham,

Aficionados of the Pan-Galactic Gargle-Blaster NEVER take medication -
it could be fatal!
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

wrote in message
i'm doing a case study for school project and i need to know
how many
features there are in Microsoft Word. Please answer my
question and I would
appreciate your help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

No!
Marvin was the sad ******* ...
.... and maybe Hotblack Desiato who had to spend a year dead for tax reasons.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

wrote in message
i'm doing a case study for school project and i need to know
how many
features there are in Microsoft Word. Please answer my
question and I would
appreciate your help. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline