Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
salverules salverules is offline

Default how do i get my word icon back on the program menu?

I have lost my Word 2003 icon from the program listing (and desktop) and
can't open a blank Word document anymore. i have to open an existing one and
delete everything and start that way. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use Windows Search to look for winword.exe (you'll need to include hidden
and system files in the search). When you find it, create a new shortcut and
drag it to the Desktop, Start menu, or Quick Launch bar.

"salverules" wrote in message
I have lost my Word 2003 icon from the program listing (and desktop) and
can't open a blank Word document anymore. i have to open an existing one

and
delete everything and start that way. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon F Cicilia Simon F Cicilia is offline

Plse let me know how to make the word icon sisable again

"salverules" wrote:

I have lost my Word 2003 icon from the program listing (and desktop) and
can't open a blank Word document anymore. i have to open an existing one and
delete everything and start that way. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Search for winword.exe. When you find it, right-click and choose Create
Shortcut. Windows won't let you create a shortcut in the search results
window and will ask if you want it on the desktop. Say yes. Then Ctrl+drag
the desktop icon to copy it onto the Start menu.

"Simon F Cicilia" Simon F wrote in
message ...