Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helen Helen is offline

Default Left and Right justification on same line

I want to create a footer with the date on the left edge of the page and the
page number on the right edge.

I'm sure it's simple, but I can't figure it out.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, that is already set up. Use View | Header Footer. The cursor
will be on the left, insert your date. then hit tab (and it will jump
to the center), hit tab again and it will jump to the right edge, and
you can use the icon on the header/footer toolbar to insert the page number.