Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteS SteS is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Excel Object Not Showing Complete Object in Word

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with an embedded Excel object which isn't showing
the full worksheet in a Word document.

I'm creating an invoice template in Word and am using an embedded Excel
object to display the item quantities, description, unit price, total
price, etc.

When I return to Word, the object is being cropped so I can only see it
stretch across a third of the page, yet I want to see the entire
printable area of the worksheet. Resizing the object only stretches
the visible portion rather than allows me to see the full worksheet.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Ste

  #2   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,348
Default Excel Object Not Showing Complete Object in Word

Resize the object as necessary *before* clicking out of it - keep in mind
also that a linked or embedded object cannot span a page break.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 8/10/07 8:58 PM, in article ,
"SteS" wrote:

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with an embedded Excel object which isn't showing
the full worksheet in a Word document.

I'm creating an invoice template in Word and am using an embedded Excel
object to display the item quantities, description, unit price, total
price, etc.

When I return to Word, the object is being cropped so I can only see it
stretch across a third of the page, yet I want to see the entire
printable area of the worksheet. Resizing the object only stretches
the visible portion rather than allows me to see the full worksheet.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Ste


  #3   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteS[_2_] SteS[_2_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Excel Object Not Showing Complete Object in Word

I should have said, I'm using Word 2004 on the Mac. When I double-click
the object, it automatically opens Excel and I have to edit the object
from Excel. Unless there's a way I'm missing that would allow me to
edit the object in the Word document?

Thanks,

Ste

On 2007-08-11 07:46:43 +0100, CyberTaz said:

Resize the object as necessary *before* clicking out of it - keep in mind
also that a linked or embedded object cannot span a page break.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 8/10/07 8:58 PM, in article ,
"SteS" wrote:

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with an embedded Excel object which isn't showing
the full worksheet in a Word document.

I'm creating an invoice template in Word and am using an embedded Excel
object to display the item quantities, description, unit price, total
price, etc.

When I return to Word, the object is being cropped so I can only see it
stretch across a third of the page, yet I want to see the entire
printable area of the worksheet. Resizing the object only stretches
the visible portion rather than allows me to see the full worksheet.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Ste



  #4   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,348
Default Excel Object Not Showing Complete Object in Word

See in-line below:


On 8/11/07 7:25 PM, in article ,
"SteS" wrote:

I should have said, I'm using Word 2004 on the Mac.


Well Yes, you certainly _should_ have - especially since you posted to PC
Word newsgroup It's a;ways a good idea to post version info even if you
*know* you're in the right group.

When I double-click
the object, it automatically opens Excel and I have to edit the object
from Excel. Unless there's a way I'm missing that would allow me to
edit the object in the Word document?


If this is a *new* Excel Worksheet Object created in Word I'm afraid you've
run into one of the major differences between Mac/PC Word - OLE
implementation. I don't claim to be able to explain "why" but the simple
fact is that embedded Excel worksheets created in Mac Word are limited to
displaying a meager 5 columns & a paltry 10 rows.

If you need to display more than that you'll have to create an Excel
workbook file then use either the Insert Object From File method *or*
Copy Paste Special MS Excel Worksheet Object. Either should work in a
similar fashion & you also have the option to link rather than embed.

For future reference the group you want is microsoft.public.mac.office.word
or one of the others listed he

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...?pid=community

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac


  #5   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SteS[_2_] SteS[_2_] is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Excel Object Not Showing Complete Object in Word

On 2007-08-13 00:31:23 +0100, CyberTaz said:

See in-line below:


On 8/11/07 7:25 PM, in article ,
"SteS" wrote:

I should have said, I'm using Word 2004 on the Mac.


Well Yes, you certainly _should_ have - especially since you posted to PC
Word newsgroup It's a;ways a good idea to post version info even if you
*know* you're in the right group.

When I double-click
the object, it automatically opens Excel and I have to edit the object
from Excel. Unless there's a way I'm missing that would allow me to
edit the object in the Word document?


If this is a *new* Excel Worksheet Object created in Word I'm afraid you've
run into one of the major differences between Mac/PC Word - OLE
implementation. I don't claim to be able to explain "why" but the simple
fact is that embedded Excel worksheets created in Mac Word are limited to
displaying a meager 5 columns & a paltry 10 rows.

If you need to display more than that you'll have to create an Excel
workbook file then use either the Insert Object From File method *or*
Copy Paste Special MS Excel Worksheet Object. Either should work in a
similar fashion & you also have the option to link rather than embed.

For future reference the group you want is microsoft.public.mac.office.word
or one of the others listed he

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/communi...?pid=community

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac


Thanks for that Bob, much appreciated. Sorry for the late reply...

Ste

Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PLS HELP! Excel object in Word Problem dee Microsoft Word Help 2 April 9th 07 02:16 PM
object types completely missing in MSWord Insert Object list box normally pretty pc savvy... Microsoft Word Help 3 November 6th 06 03:43 PM
update object caption numbers when moving the object yoni Page Layout 1 October 16th 06 09:35 AM
INSERT OBJECTNo Object types showing? Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft Word Help 1 June 15th 06 03:42 AM
When I insert Excel Object into Word XP... Confuser Tables 1 June 8th 05 01:53 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:26 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 Microsoft Office Word Forum - WordBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Word"