Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karnak Karnak is offline

Default Regular Expression for "Start of Line"??

Greetings:

Is there a regular expression or wildcard in Word for "Start of line"?
Example: a file of a thousand lines, each ending in a paragraph mark, and I
need to insert a certain character at the beginning of each line. I can do it
by working off the paragraph mark, but I'm used to systems where there is a
start-of-line marker of some kind, and I'm curious that Word doesn't seem to
have this option.

Thanks for your help. I hope I'm lucid.

/TJD
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Hi Karnak,

as lines depend on paper size, font properties and printer
there is no "Start of line" marker.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

But based on one of Helmut's many simple macros posted in another forum
you could use vba to insert your character(s)

Dim oPrg As Paragraph
For Each oPrg In ActiveDocument.Paragraphs
With oPrg.Range.Words(1)
.InsertBefore "Your character "
End With
Next