G at Dawson

Default Excel worksheet disappears in word.

I received a word document via email. When I open it, the excel worksheet
that's been inserted doesn't show up. I get the outline box, with "embedded
object..." in the top left corner.
I opened the same email with a different computer and it worked fine.
Any ideas?

Both computers;
Win XP pro SP2 (all updates)
Office Pro Edition 2003 (all updates)

G at Dawson

Hi garfield-n-odie,

Thanx for the quick response.

I had read that exact reply from an earlier post from Jeremy.
I tried that and it didn't work.
I also saw something about using Alt+F9 to toggle off display of field codes.
That didn't work either.

Any other ideas?

Thanx

"G at Dawson" wrote:

I received a word document via email. When I open it, the excel worksheet
that's been inserted doesn't show up. I get the outline box, with "embedded
object..." in the top left corner.
I opened the same email with a different computer and it worked fine.
Any ideas?

Both computers;
Win XP pro SP2 (all updates)
Office Pro Edition 2003 (all updates)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RyBhdCBEYXdzb24=?=,

I received a word document via email. When I open it, the excel worksheet
that's been inserted doesn't show up. I get the outline box, with "embedded
object..." in the top left corner.
I opened the same email with a different computer and it worked fine.
Any ideas?

Both computers;
Win XP pro SP2 (all updates)
Office Pro Edition 2003 (all updates)

My first thought would be some kind of antivirus software or other file
management software that's blocking Word being able to activate/display the
embedded Excel worksheet object.

Are you able to create an Excel worksheet object (Insert/Object) in a Word
document on the machine exhibiting the behavior? And can you then close and
re-open that document, and still access it?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

G at Dawson

Thanx Cindy,
I'll give it a try and get back to you....

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?RyBhdCBEYXdzb24=?=,

[...]

G at Dawson

Hi Cindy,

Thanx for your help (and patience !!!).

As for your question, yes I can create the document,
and yes, I can access and use it correctly afterwards.

Out of desperation I decided to go backwards.

I uninstalled Office 2003 and reinstalled Office XP with NO updates.

All problems have gone. Disappearing logos as well as Excel objects are
all viewable.This problem was occuring on a couple of computers. I'm
not sure what was going wrong, but for now the users are happy.

I'll have to try and figure this one out at a later date.

Thanx again,

Hi ?B?RyBhdCBEYXdzb24=?=,