Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rutabaga Rutabaga is offline

Default Jittery Cursor, Table Border and Text in Table

Hi,

I'm running Office 2003 on XP.

The cursor in a Word doc of mine is jittery no matter where I place it. I
also have a footer at the bottom of each page which consists of some text in
a table. The left-hand border of the table dances around, also, as does the
text in one cell of the table. I have numerous other docs with the same
footer (with slightly different info) and no problem in them.

The doc in question is 13 pages, contains one section break, and a few
internal hyperlinks--all conditions which exist peacefully enough in numerous
other documents of mine. Any idea what gives with this jittery cursor?

Many thanks....

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad that helped. Sometimes people use auto resizing tables in headers
intentionally so that they can do double duty for both portrait and
landscape pages, but it didn't sound like that was your situation.

"Rutabaga" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm running Office 2003 on XP.

The cursor in a Word doc of mine is jittery no matter where I place it.
also have a footer at the bottom of each page which consists of some
text
in
a table. The left-hand border of the table dances around, also, as
does
the
text in one cell of the table. I have numerous other docs with the
same
footer (with slightly different info) and no problem in them.

The doc in question is 13 pages, contains one section break, and a few
internal hyperlinks--all conditions which exist peacefully enough in
numerous
other documents of mine. Any idea what gives with this jittery cursor?

Many thanks....

I need to put a double line border around text AND a table. TG9522 Page Layout 1 October 20th 06 03:58 PM
Table Header Row Border extends past edge of table Bobbi Tables 0 March 1st 06 07:07 PM
Table border Dr.Schwartz Tables 0 February 7th 05 02:21 PM
Toolbar option available for TABLE>INSERT>TABLE to enclose text into a table? StargateFan New Users 5 January 29th 05 11:10 PM
in text file convert to Word table.
Bill_McC Tables 1 January 27th 05 03:47 PM