Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea Duck Andrea Duck is offline

Default Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 - E-mailed doc's not readab

When I purchased a new laptop, I also purchased the Office Home and Student
2007. I have prepared and sent over 20 documents to several different e-mail
address and not one could be opened. What am I doing wrong?
--
Cheers. Andrea.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard in AZ Richard in AZ is offline

"Andrea Duck" wrote in message
When I purchased a new laptop, I also purchased the Office Home and Student
2007. I have prepared and sent over 20 documents to several different e-mail
address and not one could be opened. What am I doing wrong?
--
Cheers. Andrea.

You are not converting the documents to a format that earlier versions of Word can read.
When you go to save a document change the "Save as type" (just below the name you give the document)
to either,
RTF, PDF, or word 2000/XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Or Save As - Word 97-2003 format.
Note too that those who cannot open your files will not have the new Word
2007 fonts either.

Richard in AZ wrote:
"Andrea Duck" wrote in message
When I purchased a new laptop, I also purchased the Office Home and
Student 2007. I have prepared and sent over 20 documents to several
different e-mail address and not one could be opened. What am I
doing wrong? --
Cheers. Andrea.

You are not converting the documents to a format that earlier
versions of Word can read. When you go to save a document change the "Save
as type" (just below
the name you give the document) to either,
RTF, PDF, or word 2000/XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea Duck Andrea Duck is offline

Default Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 - E-mailed doc's not re

Thank you so much for your help. There is no option to save under the three
options you suggest, the closest is Word 97-2003, Word XML, Word 2003 XML and
Works 6.0, etc. I've tried all of these options, none work. ?
--
Cheers. Andrea.

Richard in AZ wrote:
"Andrea Duck" wrote in message
When I purchased a new laptop, I also purchased the Office Home and
Student 2007. I have prepared and sent over 20 documents to several
different e-mail address and not one could be opened. What am I
doing wrong? --
Cheers. Andrea.

You are not converting the documents to a format that earlier
versions of Word can read. When you go to save a document change the "Save
as type" (just below
the name you give the document) to either,
RTF, PDF, or word 2000/XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrea Duck Andrea Duck is offline

Testing the font situation, you are correct. My "." (periods) are changed to
"?"(question marks), wonderful. The time I spend perfecting my doc's are
manipulated during transit and appear unprofessional. Until the entire world
upgrades to Office 2007, which could take a few years since the older
versions are compatible, my business will be wiped out. Wouldn't be more
practical for me to uninstall 07, get a refund, and re-install my faithful
old version?
--
Cheers. Andrea.

Richard in AZ wrote:
"Andrea Duck" wrote in message
When I purchased a new laptop, I also purchased the Office Home and
Student 2007. I have prepared and sent over 20 documents to several
different e-mail address and not one could be opened. What am I
doing wrong? --
Cheers. Andrea.

You are not converting the documents to a format that earlier
versions of Word can read. When you go to save a document change the "Save
as type" (just below
the name you give the document) to either,
RTF, PDF, or word 2000/XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 97-2003 format is the standard document format used by earlier
versions?

Andrea Duck wrote:
Thank you so much for your help. There is no option to save under
the three options you suggest, the closest is Word 97-2003, Word XML,
Word 2003 XML and Works 6.0, etc. I've tried all of these options,
none work. ?

Or Save As - Word 97-2003 format.
Note too that those who cannot open your files will not have the new
Word 2007 fonts either.

Richard in AZ wrote:
"Andrea Duck" wrote in
message ...
When I purchased a new laptop, I also purchased the Office Home and
Student 2007. I have prepared and sent over 20 documents to
several different e-mail address and not one could be opened.
What am I doing wrong? --
Cheers. Andrea.

You are not converting the documents to a format that earlier
versions of Word can read. When you go to save a document change
the "Save as type" (just below
the name you give the document) to either,
RTF, PDF, or word 2000/XP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should not be using Office 2007 Home and Student Edition in your
business. The Office 2007 Home and Student Edition's Software License
Terms specifically prohibit your using the software for any commercial,
non-profit, or revenue-generating business activities.