Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cat

Default Formatting numbers

Mailmerge form is created with each field in a text box. The data source is
excel. When merging numbers the comma is lost. I have tried {«land_av»
\###,###}, but it doesn't work. Thanks for your help --
cat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"cat" wrote in message
Mailmerge form is created with each field in a text box. The data source
is
excel. When merging numbers the comma is lost. I have tried {«land_av»
\###,###}, but it doesn't work. Thanks for your help --
cat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
cat

I can format numbers to include the comma in a regular merge document, but I
can't make it work in a text box or a table. Any other suggestions?
--
cat

"cat" wrote in message
Mailmerge form is created with each field in a text box. The data source
is
excel. When merging numbers the comma is lost. I have tried {«land_av»
\###,###}, but it doesn't work. Thanks for your help --
cat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

In what context will it not work? A field is a field and can be formatted
with a switch - however the syntax you quoted earlier is wrong. With
«land_av» displayed press ALT+F9 you will get {Mergefield land_av} Add the
switch inside the brackets eg {Mergefield land_av \# ",0"} will add the
commas. Press F9 to update and ALT+f9 to toggle the display again.