Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Blighthouse

Default split data on 11x17

To save money on copier clicks I have been asked to see if I can split data
on an 11x17 sheet that would be cut in half to an 81/2 x11. The data is
presorted so I have to keep it in order.

1-500 prints on the left side and 501 - 1000 prints on the right side.

I have no clue how to get the merge to split and keep in order.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The following code was put together for someone who wanted to compile a
document by taking alternate pages from separate files. If you were to
execute two separate mail merges to individual documents, One for records 1
to 500 and the other for records 501 to 1000, you could use this code to
then combine them into one document where the pages would be in the order 1,
501, 2, 502, etc. unless, the page breaks move around.

If you then print two pages to a sheet, you may get what you are after.

Dim sourcea As Document, sourceb As Document, target As Document, Pages
As Integer, Counter As Integer, targetrange As Range 'targetrange added

Dim evenpage As Range

Set sourcea = Documents.Open(FileName:="...")

sourcea.Repaginate

Pages = ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropert yPages)

MsgBox Pages

Set sourceb = Documents.Open(FileName:="...")

Set target = Documents.Add

target.PageSetup.LeftMargin = sourcea.PageSetup.LeftMargin

target.PageSetup.RightMargin = sourcea.PageSetup.RightMargin

target.PageSetup.TopMargin = sourcea.PageSetup.TopMargin

target.PageSetup.BottomMargin = sourcea.PageSetup.BottomMargin

target.AcceptAllRevisions

Counter = 0

While Counter Pages

sourcea.Activate

ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Copy

Set targetrange = target.Range

targetrange.Start = targetrange.End

targetrange.Paste

ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Cut

sourceb.Activate 'Assumed to be the document containing the even
pages

Selection.EndKey Unit:=wdStory 'Line of code added to start from the
end of the document

ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Copy

Set targetrange = target.Range

targetrange.Start = targetrange.End

targetrange.Paste

targetrange.Start = targetrange.End

targetrange.InsertBreak Type:=wdPageBreak

Set evenpage = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range

evenpage.Start = evenpage.Start - 1

evenpage.Delete

Counter = Counter + 1

Wend