Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Anna Summers

Default Pasting Images from Website

I used to be able to copy an image of a canceled check from my bank's website
and paste it into Word 2000 and Wordpad. I copied an image containing text
and image, the text pasted, the image did not (used to all paste as one
item). This no longer works. Most of the copy/paste web to word/wordpad
continue to work, but some, such as this one, do not.

I was using an HP installed version of Windows that came with MS Works and
installed Word 2000 from Office 2000 Small Business. I reinstalled this same
operating system and the copy/paste no longer worked. I may have uninstalled
Works also.

Then I reinstalled my OS with a fresh copy of WinXP (no crapware from HP)
and the cut/paste from this particular bank website page to Word 2000, Word
2003, Wordpad still did not work any longer.

Also, when I copy an image from the web to the clipboard, Word 2003 wants to
go to the internet for the image instead of pasting it from the clipboard. I
hope it is pasting images and not links, but I don't know how to tell or how
to make it default to always paste the image itself (never links). I really
do not want Word 2003 going to the internet for things I that want to paste
that I have copied into the clipboard. Can I stop this behavior and make it
paste the image itself from the clipboard?

Thanks, --Anna

images in a Word doc Jeff New Users 3 May 9th 05 01:55 PM
Coping and pasting images into locked forms slapana Microsoft Word Help 1 February 1st 05 08:51 PM
Large documents containing many images Javier Formatting Long Documents 0 January 12th 05 06:26 PM
Breaking multiple links to images in Word 97 macropod Microsoft Word Help 2 December 16th 04 10:12 PM
website images in word ycart Microsoft Word Help 1 November 28th 04 11:36 PM