Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Flip

Default How to protect bookmarks

Hi all,
Using Bookmarks and Ref fields is a great mechanism. It's as if you are
writing at several different places at the same time!

My problem is that bookmarks are easy to delete:
Write some text, select it, make it a bookmark.
Next the text needs to be changed:
Someone may edit the text in the bookmark. In the process the bookmark gets
deleted.
If there are 10 fields referencing this bookmark in the document there now
are 10 errors!

So, I am looking for a way to prevent bookmark deletion. There is a lot of
other text in the document which needs to remain editable so I can't change
the document to a form.
Maybe if the 'source' text is in a table, then a macro can check for
bookmarks to be were I expect them and when gone, add them with te text
found in the table cell?
Or is there a better way? This is Word 2000.

Flip