Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Juja

Default getting rid of markups

Every time I open my document it opens with all markups showing in red. I
select Final, turn off everything under Show, go to Tools/Option/Security and
unclick the "show markups" box, then Save. It STILL opens with all the
markups showing!! What else can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Juja

That's great, thank you! I found the icon to accept changes. That seems to do
the trick. BUT...how do I Delete All Comments? There is an icon that says
Reject Change/Delete Comment. That appears to say it will counteract my
Accept All Changes action. So I'm reluctant to select it.

"Juja" wrote in message
Every time I open my document it opens with all markups showing in red. I
select Final, turn off everything under Show, go to Tools/Option/Security

and
unclick the "show markups" box, then Save. It STILL opens with all the
markups showing!! What else can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click the arrow beside this button and choose Delete All Comments in
Document. Similarly, Accept All Changes in Document is on the menu accessed
by clicking the arrow beside Accept Change.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Selecting Final view does not remove the markup. To do this you need to
Accept All Changes in Document and Delete All Comments in Document.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Juja" wrote in message
Every time I open my document it opens with all markups showing in

red. I
select Final, turn off everything under Show, go to

Tools/Option/Security
and
unclick the "show markups" box, then Save. It STILL opens with all the
markups showing!! What else can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Juja

I must have a new version of Word. The arrow beside the first box gives me 2
the second box gives me these options: Reject Change/Delete Comment, or
Reject All Changes in Document. Perhaps the other options become available
when the markups are still visible? thank you very much.

"Juja" wrote in message
Every time I open my document it opens with all markups showing in

red. I
select Final, turn off everything under Show, go to

Tools/Option/Security
and
unclick the "show markups" box, then Save. It STILL opens with all the
markups showing!! What else can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Juja

BTW, my best friend just moved to Sheffield, Alabama (from Portland, Oregon).
Do you know where that is? He now does hair at JC Penney's.

"Juja" wrote in message
Every time I open my document it opens with all markups showing in

red. I
select Final, turn off everything under Show, go to

Tools/Option/Security
and
unclick the "show markups" box, then Save. It STILL opens with all the
markups showing!! What else can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The menu I describe is in Word 2002 and 2003. You should be seeing the menu
item I quoted even though it may be disabled. If you are not seeing it at
all, open Tools | Customize and select the Options tab. Do you have "Always
show full menus" checked? If not, check it.

"Juja" wrote in message
I must have a new version of Word. The arrow beside the first box gives me

2

beside

"Juja" wrote in message
Every time I open my document it opens with all markups showing in

red. I
select Final, turn off everything under Show, go to

Tools/Option/Security
and
unclick the "show markups" box, then Save. It STILL opens with all

the
markups showing!! What else can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Juja

I do have full menus checked. The other menu items are disabled (light gray),
so perhaps I need to have selected a markup in order to see this. Perhaps it
was enough just to accept all changes, it seems to have gotten rid of the
markups. Hope so.
We live part time in Portland and part time in a coastal town, Manzanita. We
have lived in Portland most of our lives, so know most of the neighborhoods
and lots of people. is your son in school there? I taught at PSU for a number
of years.

"Juja" wrote in message
Every time I open my document it opens with all markups showing in
red. I
select Final, turn off everything under Show, go to
Tools/Option/Security
and
unclick the "show markups" box, then Save. It STILL opens with all

the
markups showing!! What else can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If Delete All Comments in Document is disabled, then presumably the document
contains no comments.

My son is a bartender at Concordia Ale House in NE Portland. His girlfriend
is admissions director for Pioneer Pacific College in Clackamas. I don't
know Manzanita, but my brother lives in Astoria.

"Juja" wrote in message
Every time I open my document it opens with all markups

showing in
red. I
select Final, turn off everything under Show, go to
Tools/Option/Security
and
unclick the "show markups" box, then Save. It STILL opens with

all
the
markups showing!! What else can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Juja

How cool to have all these "small world" connections! I grew up in Warrenton,
which is about 5 miles from Astoria, and still have connections there. I know
the Concordia area in NE Portland.
Cool!