Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron37 Ron37 is offline

Default Renaming File Save Location Folder for Microsoft Word 2007

I have one of my folders saying Ronald38 in my Windows Vista and in my
AppData Save location Roam folder it saves documents in the Ronald36 folder.
How do I go about renaming my folders where everything is the same? I want
them both to say Ronald38 rather than one as Ronald38 and the other as
Ronald36. It won't let me rename the save location when I go into Word
Options and the Save category to rename that folder. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Use Windows Explorer

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"ron37" wrote in message
I have one of my folders saying Ronald38 in my Windows Vista and in my
AppData Save location Roam folder it saves documents in the Ronald36
folder.
How do I go about renaming my folders where everything is the same? I want
them both to say Ronald38 rather than one as Ronald38 and the other as
Ronald36. It won't let me rename the save location when I go into Word
Options and the Save category to rename that folder. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron37 Ron37 is offline

I went to Windows Explorer and found my Ronald36 folder but there is not an
option when I right click the folder to rename it Ronald38. I guess it won't
let me rename the default user folder.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

Use Windows Explorer

--

"ron37" wrote in message
I have one of my folders saying Ronald38 in my Windows Vista and in my
AppData Save location Roam folder it saves documents in the Ronald36
folder.
How do I go about renaming my folders where everything is the same? I want
them both to say Ronald38 rather than one as Ronald38 and the other as
Ronald36. It won't let me rename the save location when I go into Word
Options and the Save category to rename that folder. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You cannot rename a folder that is in use, nor can you rename a folder to an
already existing name. In the latter case, move the files from one to the
other then delete the unwanted folder.

"ron37" wrote in message
I have one of my folders saying Ronald38 in my Windows Vista and in
my AppData Save location Roam folder it saves documents in the
Ronald36 folder.
How do I go about renaming my folders where everything is the same?
I want them both to say Ronald38 rather than one as Ronald38 and
the other as Ronald36. It won't let me rename the save location
when I go into Word Options and the Save category to rename that
folder. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

This is elementary Windows file management and has nothing to do with Word
per se. Use Windows Explorer or its Vista equivalent to move files around.

ron37 wrote:
I went to Windows Explorer and found my Ronald36 folder but there is
not an option when I right click the folder to rename it Ronald38. I
guess it won't let me rename the default user folder.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

Use Windows Explorer

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.