Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JR Hester JR Hester is offline

Default Why save templates to My Documents?

Word 2007, WindowsXP

IN earlier version of Word, anytime I changed the save as file type to Word
template, the save in location automaically updated to store the file in
where all other templates were stored. This resulted in that template
automatically being available the next time I opened a new file.

In 2007 when I change the file type to template, the save in loaction
remains set to My Documents. Do I have a setting wrong, or is this just the
way it is now?

Tahnks for your response

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Click on the Trusted Templates icon in the Save in section of the File Save
As dialog and you will be taken directly to the templates folder.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.