Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Updating field codes?

I'm working my way thru the study guide for my MOS certification for Word
2003 and something isn't working the way it should.

The guide tells you to use Insert - Date and Time, select a format that
shows time with seconds, and check Update automatically. Note the time, save
the file, close it, reopen - ta dum! The time changed....except mine doesn't
unless I tell it to update the field.

Is there a setting or a step I've missed?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]