jim p

Default unable to open floppy, may be corrupt, help!

I cannot open a floppy at all, when I try I get a variety of messages as
follows: Word unable to read certain doc may be corrupt. Data error (cyclic
redundancy check. 'A:\' is not accessible. The disk media is not
recognized. It may not be formatted.
The above all appear not letting me open the disk at all to even attempt to
recover even one file. HELP!!!
CyberTaz

Hi jim-

You will find an enormous amount of messages within any of these newsgroups
that all revolve around the same issue.

Bottom line: *Never* attempt to open a file on removable media usining a MS
Office program. *Always* copy the file to your hard drive. open/modify/save
that copy, then copy it back to a floppy (or whatever) if desired. This is a
highly recommended procedure for _any_ Windows files, not just MS.

Hopefully the file in question has not been permanently damaged Try the
above approach to see if you can opent the file that way. If that doesn't
work, the file may not be recoverable unless you have another copy somewhere.

Good Luck |:)