Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kelly-march

Default Troubleshoot Save Document

I saved a document instead of 'save as'. How can I recover the first version
which I saved yesterday? It does not show up when I click File, and Versions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Once you've closed that document, you can't. (Others may tell you that you
can try this, that, and the other, but for the average user - it's gone.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"kelly-march" wrote in message
I saved a document instead of 'save as'. How can I recover the first
version
which I saved yesterday? It does not show up when I click File, and
Versions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

To continue from what JoAnn as said, that is unless you had the "Always
create backup copy" box checked under ToolsOptionsSave AND you only saved
the document one time. If you still have the document open, you may be
able to use undo to undo all of the changes.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"kelly-march" wrote in message
I saved a document instead of 'save as'. How can I recover the first
version
which I saved yesterday? It does not show up when I click File, and
Versions.

Troubleshoot Save Document kelly-march Microsoft Word Help 0 February 25th 06 06:03 PM
MS Word no longer prompts to Save a Document Greg K Microsoft Word Help 1 February 7th 06 09:33 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
How to save a Word Document as a WordPerfect Document Juliea Microsoft Word Help 2 March 9th 05 04:24 AM
Suddenly a document modified in Word cannot 'save as' to a networ. Pro V Microsoft Word Help 7 February 17th 05 08:11 PM