Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BW BW is offline

Default How do I reinstall only one of the programs from the Office CD?/re

My aplologies. Previous message was mistakenly labeled "Suggestion for
Microsoft" instead of "Question".

I need to reinstall Word, and only Word, from my original Office 2003 CD. I
tried to do it and somehow ended up deleting all the other Office programs
(no problem, I did a System Restore). When I insert the CD in the drive I get
a message that says "check the programs you wish to install and uncheck the
ones you wish to delete" (something like that). How can I install just one
program without deleting the other ones?
Thanks!
B. Washington

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do a custom install.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"BW" wrote in message
My aplologies. Previous message was mistakenly labeled "Suggestion for
Microsoft" instead of "Question".

I need to reinstall Word, and only Word, from my original Office 2003 CD.
tried to do it and somehow ended up deleting all the other Office programs
(no problem, I did a System Restore). When I insert the CD in the drive I
get
a message that says "check the programs you wish to install and uncheck
the
ones you wish to delete" (something like that). How can I install just one
program without deleting the other ones?
Thanks!
B. Washington

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Ensure all the bits you want installed (or to remain) are checked.
Why do you need to re-install Word? Unless Word is actually missing,
re-installing rarely achieves anything useful. Repairing Word will restore
any missing files. Take a look at
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm