Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tafia Tafia is offline

Default Can I install MS Office on PC with Works already installed

Hi folks,

I read some time ago that there can be a clash if MS Office is installed on
a PC which has MS Works preinstalled. My new Dell has MS Works and I wish to
install MS Office. Do I need to uninstall Works before I do this or will they
run OK on the same PC. What will happen to my Outlook Express if I remove
Works?

I would like to keep Works installed if that is possible.

Was the clash due to Word being on Works and Office. My version of Works
does not have Word.

Many thanks

Tafia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Works and Office can quite happily coexist. Outlook Express is part of
neither.

Works *Suite* does include a version of Word so you will need to take care
if you are trying to install a version of Office which contains an earlier
version of Word.

--
Enjoy,
Tony