Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sprockett Sprockett is offline

Default How can I disable the caps lock key? Please explain in detail.

I am a VERY poor typist and continuously hit the caps lock key by mistake.
Since I use the hunt-and-peck system I am lookibetwen the keyboard and
monitor so I ususally capitalize several words before I relaize I have hit
the caps lock key accidentally. The proble is caused in large part by VERY
poor small-motor skills, so I am unable to improve my typing skills. What I
want to do is turn off or disable the caps lock key. I can intentionally
capitlaize anything by using the shift key, so not having access to a
functioning caps lock key is no problem.

Because I am not particularly computer literate, I would greatly appreciate
a step-by-step answer. Again, thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nsv nsv is offline

It might look ugly, but this solution works:
1) Find a large paper clip, a small screw driver or similar
2) Insert it between the Caps Lock botton and the key board frame
3) Appply some downward force on the screw driver handle, the papper clip or
whatever you've found
4) When the Caps Lock botton pops free of the key board, pick it up and
a) put it on board an aircraft and tell the pilot to drop it from 5000 ft
b) drop it in the waste basket
c) mould it into transparent epoxy to form a paper weight
d) etc...

NSV

Caps Lock Sherri Microsoft Word Help 7 May 10th 06 06:06 PM
CAPS LOCK: ON/OFF time delay Barry Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 05 10:06 AM
Allow elimination of keyboard lock when pressing caps lock button Barry Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 05 10:01 AM
Displaying CAPS LOCK ON in Word 2000 in Windows XP Jackie D Microsoft Word Help 2 February 16th 05 05:37 PM
Caps lock not functioning properly Abby Microsoft Word Help 3 January 8th 05 11:15 PM