Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JDM JDM is offline

Default Using SEND TO after installing Compatibility Pack

I've lost the "Send To" (using Outlook Express) after installing the
Compatibility Pack for Office XP Professional version 2003. When trying to
email a document directly from an application such as Word, there is no
"SEND" button on the menue bar, and the ACCOUNTS tab presents an empty menu.
It would seem that I would need to re-identify my Outlook Express Accounts,
but can't find the function to do so.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi JDM

JDM wrote:
I've lost the "Send To" (using Outlook Express) after installing the
Compatibility Pack for Office XP Professional version 2003. When trying to
email a document directly from an application such as Word, there is no
"SEND" button on the menue bar, and the ACCOUNTS tab presents an empty menu.
It would seem that I would need to re-identify my Outlook Express Accounts,
but can't find the function to do so.

ISTR that Office Updates have a bad reputation for registering Outlook
as the default mail application, indeed. If that's what happened in your
case, the following article will help:

An Outlook Express basic repair kit (by Tom Koch)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/.../oerepair.mspx

HTH
Robert
--